Monday, December 20, 2010

Guangzhou

We had an eventful day in Guanghzou yesterday. We got on the bus with our group to head to the Buddhist temple. Maya was acting quiet so I assumed she was tired. Nope! She threw up her entire breakfast all over herself and me. Yuck! Thankfully there were so many moms around me that everyone pitched in with wipes, sanitizer gel & baggies. I was worried at first that we would have to take a taxi back to our hotel because Maya would continue to throw up. However, she started acting like the little firecracker she is and all seemed well. The Buddhist temple was really cool. The monks came out and did some chanting so that was neat to see. Maya didn't know who they heck they were and just stared at them like they walked off another planet. After the temple we headed to the Pearl Market. My god it was insane. It was like walking in a basement filled with 1000 pearl and bead vendors. We bought a few things then headed outside for some air. We were happy to get back to the hotel to give Maya a much needed bath and change of clothes. Maya and I took a long power nap after her bath while John went with the group over the bridge to what he calls a freak show. He saw people buying scorpions & snakes (to eat of course - ewwww)! John was happy that Maya and I stayed at the hotel because he knows I don't have a stomach for that kind of stuff. He showed me the pictures he took and I think I made the right decision!
I woke up today with a horrible cold. I knew I would catch something eventually. We decided to skip the tour today and get some much needed rest. Our guide, Helen, who is so sweet, stopped by the room before she had to leave for the tour to bring me cold medicine. After breakfast we decided to walk around the outside of the hotel and check out the grounds. Maya is in complete awe of things. She loves watching the boats on the Pearl River. I taught her to say "boat"! It comes out "boa" (no T), but she's getting it! We did a little shopping next we're off to get the results of her TB test.
We're counting the days to get home. We miss Madeline and Will so much and can't wait for them to see their little sister. Note to Madeline - she already got into my makeup. Get ready!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are enjoying what you can of GZ. Try and rest up for the trip home. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete