Friday, December 10, 2010

Nanchang!


Well...John & I made it to Nanchang 2 days and 4 plane rides later! What a journey! We didn't run into too many problems. Phew! Our plane from Beijing to Nanchang was 3 hours late coming in. Our poor guide (Jenny) and driver sat and waited the entire time because it wasn't posted that our flight was delayed. When we checked our luggage in they told us it was only 20 minutes behind schedule. Part of the problem was that we sat on the runway for 1.5 hours! Here's the funny part...John fell asleep while we were waiting on the runway. He woke up about 30 minutes into our wait and thought our flight had taken off and we were already in Nanchang! Going through security in Beijing was a bit stressful. They ended up having John remove the money belts and a security guard proceeded to walk away with the money. Thankfully he saw the look of panic on my face and smiled at me & said, "It's OK Miss" (using the few words of English he knew) then he & another security guard showed me they were running it through the conveyer belt! I think my heart stopped beating for a few seconds!
Nanchang is much bigger and busier than I imagined. The traffic makes Rome & London look tame!
Our guide, Jenny, is a doll! She informed us that we will be getting Maya on Sunday at 4 PM (which is 3 AM EST), I don't know if I'll be able to contain my excitement for another 2 days!
We were so exhausted after traveling here, so our guide Jenny had a pizza from "Papa John's" delivered to our room! John and I were cracking up when Jenny told us they have "Papa's John's Pizza" here!
Looking forward to posting some photos of Maya with us! Stay tuned!
 

1 comment: