Monday, December 13, 2010

Maya :)

Hi Everyone! Well, we have officially had Maya for 1 day. I'm happy to report that her lungs work great. She cried for the first 45 minutes when they put her in my arms. She's super feisty. Once we got her to our room, pulled out some toys and fed her 1000 snacks, she warmed up to us. If you saw her now, you would never believe what a difference 24 hours makes. She's an absolute "daddy's girl"! Of course John is soaking it all in. She actually prefers him to carry her around rather than me. I love watching her smile and she has the most contagious laugh. Today we went to the civil affairs office here in Nanchang. We had our official family photo taken then finally got to unload a lot of the cash we carried over here. Phew! Afterward we went to Walmart and did some shopping. What a trip. I still feel like I'm on another planet at times. After shopping, we got some carry out dumplings and noodle soup for lunch. It was pouring rain all day so it felt good to come back to the hotel, dry off and have some lunch. It was the first meal we could get Maya to eat. And let me tell you, this little half pint can pack in the food. She ate more than me. I changed her clothes after lunch because she absolutely refuses to wear a bib so she was covered in soup. She sleeps like a champ. I put her down wide awake and she falls asleep within a few minutes. I'm slowly starting to figure her out her cues. When she rubs her face and keeps staring at me, she's tired. The only quirky thing we've noticed about her is that she hates sitting in highchairs, strollers and shopping carts. John had to carry her around Walmart, which felt like 100 degrees in there, so the two of them were sweating it out. Not sure how I'm going to handle taking her to my weekly Kroger and Target shopping trips. We'll need to work on this. I will try to download some new photos tonight so all of you can see her silly little self. She's quite a ham. Heard we got hit with a lot of snow back home. If I know Madeline and Will, they're praying for a snow day! Grandma is probably bracing herself for a crazy day if that's the case!

1 comment:

  1. So where are these pictures you are promising us!?!?!? Can't wait to see and hear more. Sound like the car seat will be hard on Maya to. She'll get used to all the changes over time. Thanks for the update. And glad to hear it's all official now.
    :)

    ReplyDelete